Preparations are being made for Sierra Madre's 50th Annual Art Fair, which takes place at Memorial Park at Sierra Madre Boulevard and Hermosa Avenue on May 5 and 6.
Food vendors will provide a selection of ethnic foods and entertainers will perform. All proceeds from this event support programs, materials and equipment for the . This juried event will feature approximately 100 artists displaying their own works of original conception and execution. Artists are encouraged to apply early since spaces and the number of entries in each category is limited.
- All work must be designed and executed solely by the artist. Work that has not been juried by the Exhibits Committee will not be allowed.
- Requests for an invitation must be accompanied by at least five color photos no larger than 5” x 7”. Please describe the medium and technique used in your work. We do not take responsibility for the loss of the photos. If your submissions are accepted, we will keep them. Otherwise we will return them IF you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Photos must be mailed no later than April 9th.
- There will be a $250 flat fee for a 10’ x 10’ space.
- Our policy is that the artist be present Saturday and Sunday.
- All sales will be handled by the artist. You should bring any supplies or equipment needed to handle cash, check or credit card purchases. The artist is responsible for collection and reporting of all taxes, including 8.75% CA Sales Tax.
- Invitations will be sent to the artist whose work has been accepted, and are not transferable. Please do not send money until you receive an invitation.
- Invitations and acceptance to participate in the Fair are the responsibility of the Exhibits Committee only, and its decisions are final. The Exhibits Committee reserves the right to remove work from the Fair that is substantially different from photographs submitted or that is not done by the artist.
Editor's note: The above information was provided in a release from the Friends of the Sierra Madre Library.