Sierra Madre's 2011 took place this past weekend on Oct. 21 and 22. More than 150 participants were divided into a total of 52 teams that competed for top placement in four different age groups. On Sunday, awards were given to the top three finishers in each age category.
The event and contest are an annual tradition in which kids from across the city decorate the windows of participating downtown Sierra Madre businesses. Each team decorates the windows of a particular business, and their work is later judged by event organizers to determine the winners.
The event is sponsored by the City of Sierra Madre and the Sierra Madre Civic Club, which assists in distributing paint and supplies to the participating kids.
Here's a look at this year's winners:
Age Group 9-10 Years
- 1st Place – Amy Stapenhorst, Sophia De France and Molly Hourihan at Window #2
- 2nd Place – Madison Wilits and Desirae Smotrys at Hygeia Window #1
- 3rd Place – Abby Gagnier and Oge Ogboga at Window #2
Age Group 11-12 Years
- 1st Place – Kate Iko, Claire White, Megan Alle and Jordan Beach at
- 2nd Place – Sophia Cimino, Claire Morrison and Madison Burge at Window #1
- 3rd Place – Emma Blank, Hannah Blank and Julia Goff at Window #2
Age Group 13-14 Years
- 1st Place – Amadea Tanner and Natalie Olivades at Window #2
- 2nd Place – Brady Harmon, Scotty Lousen and Aaron Nishiwaka at Window #4
- 3rd Place – Gwyneth Keller, Estefania Fraticelli and Reilly Milton at Window #1
Age Group 15-17 Years
- 1st Place – Holly Coates, Carolyn Chalfant and Laura Meijia at Window #1
- 2nd Place – Sadie Goff, Sarah Wong, Maddie Rauhe and Momo Fong at