Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department.
Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013
During the early morning hours of Feb. 16, unknown suspects removed property
from seven vehicles parked in the 100 block of East Laurel and Grandview Avenues. According to police, five of the vehicles were left unsecured overnight. The suspects entered, ransacked the interiors and removed items such as money, and small electronic devices. During this same time period, a bicycle was reported taken from a back yard in the same general area. Preliminarily evidence indicates that the same suspects are responsible for all the crimes.
- - -
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.