Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department.
Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013
At approximately 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 16, Arcadia police officers responded to a burglary in progress call in the 1400 block of San Carlos. Two suspects were detained and Sierra Madre police units assisted with the investigation.
Similarities between this crime and a few of the residential burglaries in Sierra Madre were evident. Sierra Madre detectives are working closely with Arcadia police to determine if these suspects are linked to additional crimes.
- - -
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.