Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department.
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Sometime between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5, an unknown suspect entered a residence on West Grandview Avenue through an unlocked front door. The suspect removed jewelry from a jewelry box in the master bedroom but left the rest of the residence undisturbed. The suspect then exited the residence using the front door, leaving it open as he/she departed.
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.