Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department.
Friday, Jan. 31, 2013
After being away from home for roughly 36 hours, a resident in the 300 block of Foothill Avenue returned to his residence only to discover that his home had been burglarized. Unknown suspects had forced open the rear door using a pry-type tool. Items in the master bedroom were disturbed and it appeared that jewelry had been removed from drawers. Neighbors did not report seeing any unusual activity in the area.
- - -
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.