Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department
Monday September 23, 2013
At 11:15pm, an officer observed a vehicle traveling south on Michillinda Avenue that was drifting over the designated lanes then suddenly veering back into the correct lane. Two other traffic violations were observed before the officer could stop the vehicle. The driver exhibited signs of intoxication and was unable to pass the field sobriety test. The driver (female 45 years of age) was subsequently arrested for DUI.
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Sierra Madre Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.