Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department
Saturday September 7, 2013
Just after midnight, a resident in the 100 block of East Highland Avenue looked out a window and observed an individual inside a neighbor’s car. After a few moments, she observed a male wearing dark clothing exit the vehicle and walk to another vehicle parked at the curb. The police were notified but the suspect drove away before units arrived. The investigation revealed that the suspect entered an unlocked vehicle and rummaged through the glove box and center console. No property was reported missing. The next morning a resident in the 00 block of East Laurel Avenue reported his unlocked vehicle had also been entered and several items inside were disturbed.
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Sierra Madre Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.