Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department.
Sunday August 25, 2013
A resident in the 400 block of East Laurel Avenue returned home from a short vacation and discovered graffiti had been painted on a lamp post in the front yard. The graffiti consisted of words and a drawing done with a black marker pen.
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Sierra Madre Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.