Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department
Friday September 25, 2013
At 9:30pm, a resident in the 700 block of Auburn Avenue was returning home and observed a silver compact car parked in the no parking zone at the access point to the catch basin. He found this to be suspicious and notified the police department as he drove into his garage. Immediately upon entering his residence, he noticed that portions of the interior had been ransacked. He again called the police who arrived at the location within two minutes. However, by the time they arrived, the suspicious vehicle was no longer at the location. The investigation determined that unknown suspects gained entry through a rear bedroom window using a pry tool to compromise the lock. Once inside, they ransacked the bedroom and removed a firearm that was in a drawer. It is possible the owner interrupted the crime when he returned home as the suspects apparently fled using the same bedroom window.
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Sierra Madre Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.