Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department
Wednesday September 4, 2013
A 12:30am an officer observed a traffic violation take place at Baldwin Avenue and Orange Grove Avenue and stopped the vehicle to investigate. The officer determined that the driver (female 32 years of age) was accompanied by her 3 year old son. The driver did not have any identification on her and was acting very agitated. While being interviewed, the driver admitted that she had an arrest record for possession of methamphetamine and also indicated she had ingested the drug recently. As the interview continued, the driver admitted that she had an amount of methamphetamine hidden in a body cavity. 13.0 grams of a possible narcotic substance was subsequently recovered from her person. The driver was arrested for possession of narcotics for sale and transportation of narcotics for sale. The child was placed into the care of the Department of Children’s Services.
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Sierra Madre Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.