Crime blotter information provided by the Sierra Madre Police Department
Saturday September 7, 2013At 1pm, a traffic collision occurred at Sturtevant Drive and Woodland Avenue. The driver of a passenger vehicle was trying to negotiate her way out of the Mary’s Market parking lot when she accidentally pressed the accelerator, propelling the car forward. The vehicle went over the curb, scaled the retaining wall and came to a rest front first in the drainage channel. Due to the positioning of the vehicle, Fire Department personnel were called on to extract the driver and her two passengers. The occupants complained of soreness but no serious injuries were immediately evident. Removing the vehicle from the drainage channel required the closure of the intersection and the use of heavy duty tow equipment.
Residents should call 9-1-1 to report any police, fire, or medical emergency, including:
- Woman Killed After Crashing into Pole
- Eagle Rock Music Festival Will Be Scaled Down This Year
- How can I tell if someone put a date rape drug in my…
- City Manager: ‘Mass Transit is a Win For the City’
- Crimes in progress or crimes that have just occurred
- Suspicious activity or behavior
- Fights or domestic violence
- Suicide attempts
- Building fires, brush fires, trash fires, or any other fires
- Traffic accidents
- Any medical emergency for which immediate care is needed
- Vicious animals – but not a bear walking through the neighborhood or yard
Residents are asked not to call 9-1-1 to report any non-emergency problems or to ask questions; instead, please call the Sierra Madre Police Department's non-emergency line at (626) 355-1414.