The Group Study Exchange (GSE) program of the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International is a unique cultural and vocational exchange opportunity for young business and professional men and women between the ages of 25 and 40 in the initial years of their professional life. The program provides travel grants for teams of participants to exchange visits between paired areas in different countries. Team members study the host country’s institutions and ways of life, observe their own vocations as practiced abroad, develop personal and professional relationships, and exchange ideas. Team members can come from corporations, small businesses, community organizations, medical and educational facilities, government offices, and nonprofit agencies.
Why should you apply for this opportunity? Well, how about these TOP TEN reasons for starters?
1. Opportunity to work with and meet local business, educational and community leaders.
2. Opportunity to broaden your professional, cultural and leadership experience.
3. Opportunity to travel internationally. Have you been to this part of world? The Rotary Foundation covers the cost of travel and you stay in the homes of Rotarians. The itinerary covers social/cultural, economic, business, agricultural and government visits, so you go there as a traveler and ambassador, not just a tourist.
4. Opportunity to learn/expand your perspectives - cultural, social, government, business - traveling like an ambassador/honored guest in another country and making friends in every stop, your perspective is changed - for the better. It is a wonderful chance to really learn as you live another culture.
5. Opportunity to help foster international relations by engaging political, business, cultural, and educational leaders in an exchange of experiences.
6. Opportunity to work with top professionals from your own profession.
7. Opportunity to see how your profession is practiced oversees - Individual vocational visits are planned as part of your itinerary, so you make business contacts and learn about how your profession is practiced in this country. Your employer may appreciate and support this activity.
8. Opportunity to go where you may never have been before and so it is a rare opportunity to be among the first.
9. Opportunity to work with Rotarians from around the District geographically that serves on the Committee. You make new friends, both here and abroad.
10. Opportunity to change your life - Make the decision to do something extraordinary with your time and talents.
Go to e GSE webpage for application and more links www.district5300.org/gse/index.html#2013_GSE_Exchange.
The deadline is July 31, 2012 to complete and submit the application. Interviews will be held in Victorville on August 11th.
Tuesday, July 31
GSE -Team Member Applications Due
Saturday, August 11
GSE Team Member Interviews, Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
Saturday, August 25
GSE Team Member Second Interviews (for those invited back), Apple Valley Chamber of Commerce
Sunday, January 6, 2013
GSE - District 5300 Team Departs for District 3291, Calcutta India
Thursday, February 7, 2013
GSE - District 5300 Team Returns from District 3291, Calcutta India